24 March, 2010

7 arts for 7 days: tuesday

Accidentally, I opened the GIMP on my computer, and start drawing with my mouse. Yes, it was without concept. Yes, it was without graphic tablet. Yes, it was at night. And no, i'm not drunk. Gimp is a great tools, I just realized.. Especially the smudge tool, its similar to smudge in MyPaint. Anyway, heres the big picture:


I mention before that the smudge tool in Gimp is superb. Photoshop's smudge tool is nowhere near the Gimp. You know, i began digital painting since high school. It's fun, but I only do digital painting a couple of time. Weird.. I don't really know why I manage to graduate from college. My early works were horrible. I would bury my head to mother earth if I see it. Anyway, I use the paintbrush and eraser as my main tool for sketching and colouring, and i use smudge tool for making the depth of the picture. Hey, I just realize that I only use 3 tools for this work ^^, oh, and zoom in and zoom out tools, and colour tools, etc etc -.-".. oh well :)

0 comments: